Thursday, May 24, 2012

Plump, plump

This month I have been busy making cushions, something that I have wanted to do for ages but never seemed to have the time. Partly due to my ever growing pile of antique and vintage fabric which practically needs a room of its own, I decided it was high to time to get on with them.
The sewing machine has been going like the clappers and here are some of the results...





I only use vintage and antique fabrics and try if possible to combine them with trimmings from the same era - buttons for example,  so that the end product is pretty much totally upcycled and unique.
Textiles from a bygone age have a quality and look that just can't be reproduced today and if handled carefully and looked after will give years of use and are a far cry from a department store mass produced cushion.
So , there we are. I'll let good old Bernina cool down for a bit before I design some more.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!