Saturday, February 8, 2014

Getting the sack

At first glance vintage agricultural sacks don't look too appealing.

They are rustic and coarsely woven and often have a rather farmyard smell but none of this has ever put me off buying them.

I know that with a little gentle handwashing and care they can be made into the most wonderful, original chair coverings, cushions, table runners and even Roman blinds. There are probably plenty more ideas but I have enough to be going on with...

I only buy them if the mice haven't gotten to them first and I tend to buy unusual and colourful designs and then ponder what to make with them. Here is a chair that I have covered a while back. The stork design in pale blue worked perfectly with the French grey on the chair.




And an idea for my next project...





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!